Congratulations to Martin from Woodbridge, who has won our prize draw for 17th April 2020.
Spend £15 or more on on our website from the 9th to the 17th April, 2020 and enter a draw to win four of our currently available books of your choice, worth up to £100.
Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
1. By entering the prize draw you are agreeing to these prize draw terms and conditions.
2. The prize draw is being run by Great Northern Books Limited.
Eligibility to enter
3. The prize draw is open to entrants over 18 years of age.
4. In entering the prize draw, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win.
5. A maximum of one entry per individual is permitted.
6. The prize draw will include all customers who complete purchases of £15 or more via our website between 9am on 9th April and midnight on 17th April 2020 . Entries after that time and date will not be included in the draw.
7. Great Northern Books Limited will not accept responsibility if contact details provided are incomplete or inaccurate.
8. The prize will be the customer’s choice of four titles from the Great Northern Books website that are currently in publication at the time of selection.
9. The winner will be drawn at random.
10. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
11. We reserve the right to substitute prizes with another prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond our control make it necessary to do so.
12. The decision of Great Northern Books Limited regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
13. The winner will be notified after 20th April 2020 via the email provided on ordering.
14. Great Northern Books Limited will attempt to contact the winner by email up to two times.
15. If the winner does not respond to the emails notifying them of their win within 14 days of the second email, they will lose their right to the prize, and Great Northern Books Limited reserves the right to choose and notify a new winner.
Receipt of the prize
16. The winner must make their choice of four book titles within 28 days of Great Northern Books Limited sending their notification email.
17. The delivery of the prizes will be made by standard 2nd Class Royal Mail service, within 28 days of receipt of the winner’s choice of four book titles.
Data protection and publicity
18. You consent to any personal information you provide in entering the prize draw being used by Great Northern Books Limited for the purposes of administering the prize draw, and for those purposes as defined within our privacy notice.
19. All entrants may apply for details of the winning participant by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
20. The winner agrees to the release of their first name and place of work to any other prize draw participants if requested via Great Northern Books Limited.
21. An announcement of the winners first name and town of residence will be made via www.gnbooks.co.uk
22. All personal information shall be used in accordance with Great Northern Books Limited Privacy Notice.
Limitation of Liability
23. Great Northern Books Limited does not accept any liability for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrants as a result of either participating in the prize draw or being selected for a prize, save that Great Northern Books Limited does not exclude its liability for death or personal injury as a result of its own negligence.
24. Great Northern Books Limited does not provide any form of practical or IT support for this prize. On receipt, all responsibilities relating to warranty and the product are that of the prize winner.
25. Great Northern Books Limited reserves the right to cancel the prize draw or amend these terms and conditions at any time, without prior notice.
26. The prize draw and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Fiona Laing, the author of The GIN CLAN will be signing books at the first ever gin festival hosted by the Nether Abbey Hotel in North Berwick on 8 & 9 November. The popular East Lothian hotel will be transformed for its annual weekend beer festival and this year a gin festival will make its debut, running alongside it.
It will be exclusive with a select line-up of gin makers introducing us to their gins – including some Christmas specials – plus a stylish Perfect Serve Gin Bar. And Fiona will be there with copies of The GIN CLAN at a special festival price – so that’s your Christmas shopping list sorted!
There are four sessions of the gin festival to choose from on the Friday and Saturday and the ticket includes an exclusive event gin glass, festival programme and a gin token for the Perfect Serve Gin Bar. More Nether Abbey Gin Festival information here and book Gin Festival tickets here
We are delighted to announce Tony Christie will be signing copies of his new autobiography The Song Interpreter at the following bookstores:
Friday, 11th October
Leeds – Waterstones — 11:30am – 1pm
Saturday, 12th October
Sheffield – Waterstones — 11:30am – 1pm
Doncaster – Waterstones — 2:30pm – 4pm
Friday, 18th October
Liverpool – Waterstones — 11:30am – 1pm
Manchester – Waterstones, Arndale — 2:30pm – 4pm
Saturday, 19th October
Derby – Waterstones — 11am – 12.30pm
Lichfield – WH Smith — 2pm – 3.30pm
Wednesday, 23rd October
Birmingham – Waterstones — 12pm – 1:30pm